Instantly download your eBooks and Audiobooks as soon as your purchase is completed. Save your ebooks and audiobooks onto any device as many times as you need. Automatic instant delivery 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Skin in the Game: Hidden Asymmetries in Daily Life pdf by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
In his most provocative and practical book yet, one of the foremost thinkers of our time redefines what it means to understand the world, succeed in a profession, contribute to a fair and just society, detect nonsense, and influence others. Citing examples ranging from Hammurabi to Seneca, Antaeus the Giant to Donald Trump, Nassim Nicholas Taleb shows how the willingness to accept one’s own risks is an essential attribute of heroes, saints, and flourishing people in all walks of life.
As always both accessible and iconoclastic, Taleb challenges long-held beliefs about the values of those who spearhead military interventions, make financial investments, and propagate religious faiths. Among his insights:
• For social justice, focus on symmetry and risk sharing. You cannot make profits and transfer the risks to others, as bankers and large corporations do. You cannot get rich without owning your own risk and paying for your own losses. Forcing skin in the game corrects this asymmetry better than thousands of laws and regulations.
• Ethical rules aren’t universal. You’re part of a group larger than you, but it’s still smaller than humanity in general.
• Minorities, not majorities, run the world. The world is not run by consensus but by stubborn minorities imposing their tastes and ethics on others.
• You can be an intellectual yet still be an idiot. “Educated philistines” have been wrong on everything from Stalinism to Iraq to low-carb diets.
• Beware of complicated solutions (that someone was paid to find). A simple barbell can build muscle better than expensive new machines.
HOW IT WORKS
- Shop and place all of your items in cart.
- Complete checkout and payment.
- You will be given a private download link for each item.
- Download and transfer items to whichever device you choose.
You can buy as many ebooks and audiobooks as you need in one order, once your payment is completed you will be taken to the order page where you will be given access to download all of your items all at once or one by one, you are free to come back and re download your items as many times as you need.
*Note, this item is a Digital Download and not a physically shipped product, this item is sold as is, sale is final once completed. This policy has been established to combat against fraudulent returns along with non-refundable licensing fees and charges that are incurred from each sale. Please see our terms and conditions page for complete details thanks